Black Girls by Chester French

Earlier today, Chester French premiered a new music video for their song, “Black Girls”, the first single from their forthcoming album. It features two hot models making out, which is, of course, ok by me in theory but I surprised myself when I too pause.

The video itself is shot really well and features beautiful imagery but when I think about how I’m not really their intended target audience, it makes me squirm. Perhaps if the song itself were better, I’d feel differently about the use of these beautiful women slithering on top of each other – but for now it just seems like the only way for these guys to get anyone to pay attention to their music and that’s pretty sad. What do you think of the video? Would it have been too much to ask someone to hand the white one some chapstick?

Watch the video

About Mia

Mia can probably call herself a professional when it comes to blogging, music listening, whiskey drinking, French bulldog cuddling and sarcasm. She writes two weekly music columns for After Ellen and is psyched to be part of The L Stop and have the opportunity to write for fellow Chicagoans. Mia loves almost nothing more than dancing with old people at weddings and bar mitzvahs. You can find more of her randomness at ChubbyJones.com

7 Responses to “Black Girls by Chester French”

1. I’ve got a thing for good music la la la la la la la la la (its just not here) I think the blonde was lip sync’n. I wish there was a law that prevented straight men from being able to market shit with hot lesbian action…only lesbians should be able to capitalize on objectifying women making out w women…

Posted by Meg | April 18, 2012, 7:44 pm
  2. Im not sure what all the hate is about. It’s finally a song about black women that doesn’t call them hoes, bitches or talk about their big booties. No one says a thing about the countless amount of rap songs that come out every week objectifying and abusing black women. Its like some of these men hate their mothers. I say kudos to Chester French for finally putting out a positive message about black women.

Posted by Billie | April 19, 2012, 12:33 pm
  3. Hey Billie – I totally feel you on celebrating the fact that someone is putting out a positive song about the beauty of black women. I just wish the song were more appealing to listen to to make me feel as though it were coming from the heart. Instead, it seems like a pretty so-so song with a hot video of two beautiful women going at it – and therefore, the video is the reason for the season and not so much the song itself. I enjoyed watching but part of me felt a little weird about enjoying it because I know the main reason it was created was so that guys could look at it and high-five each other. I mean, I’m not exactly opposed to that, especially since I love a good high-five, but I’m a bit conflicted. Is that a little more clear?

Posted by mia | April 19, 2012, 4:25 pm
  4. No, it’s a problem because they didn’t mention any other races. Seeing that this is a white & latino lesbian site. I understand the concern…

Posted by Lupe | April 20, 2012, 4:04 pm
  5. Lupe, I’m going to take your fake email address as an extra sign that you are trying your hardest to start a fight that has no place in this column, on this site or in the world.

If I am misunderstanding you, then please accept my apologies – but for you to claim that this site is for only a handful of nationalities or races is the exact opposite of why this website was created.

The reason The L Stop is so important, the reason its founders worked so hard to create and the reason the other writers and volunteers like myself wanted to be a part of this is specifically to gain visibility for us all. And I mean ALL.

Posted by Mia | April 20, 2012, 4:16 pm
  6. I’m Asian,…oh, wait, i guess that doesn’t count…:(

Posted by Tina C. | April 20, 2012, 9:19 pm
  7. Been listening to Chester French for a while and got the newsltter/email with a link to this video.
    Their goal has been met people are talking about it. I even read this article wondering what other people thought.
    I personally was underwhelmed and don’t believe the song is a celebration of black girls more like a statement of fact with jussst enough controversy to get the Chester French name out there.
    As for seeing models making out… I have Internet…so uh not really starving here.
    It’s just plain generic, probably to be safe..lets not dare sing about what makes a black girl different from a white girl we want buzz not the guillotine.
    Any race can be dubbed in because there’s nothing in the lyrics.
    For all we know Tina, it was originally written about Asian girls…just didn’t get the test group excited enough. :(

Posted by Syd | April 21, 2012, 2:45 am