Christina Santiago Support Forum

Photo by Mystic Images Photography

Christina Santiago may not be here with us anymore, but her spirit will live in our hearts forever.

This is a space to share your thoughts about Christina. We all need to support each other during this tough time. Who was she to you? What will you do to keep her legacy alive?

If you would like to share a story or post a photo, please send to contact@thelstop.org, or leave a comment below. Thank you.

The community is getting together tonight to make a “Get Better” video for Christina Santiago’s partner Alisha Marie Brennon. Please stop by the Center On Halsted tonight from 7pm – 9:30 to say a few words. This will be in ROOM 203

DONATIONS:
If you’d like to make donation to Christina’s family which also helps with Alisha’s injuries, please click below. Link will take you to Howard Brown donation page.

8/16/11 – UPDATES:
The New York Service for Christina Santiago will be held on Thursday the 18th at the Riverdale-on-Hudson Funeral Home 6110 Riverdale Ave Bronx, NY 10471 from 5-9pm. Parking is available at St. Margaret’s Church. The burial will be held at St. Raymond’s Cemetery 2600 Lafayette Avenue Bronx, NY 10465 on Friday the 19th at 10:30am.

Alisha’s status:
Alisha is doing much better. She is conscious and has had her neck brace removed. She has suffered a few fractures and some broken ribs. She is currently under supervision and pain medication.

Get Better Video
There will be another “Get Better” video for Alisha filmed tonight if you couldn’t make it last night. From 7-9PM in ROOM 203 at Center on Halsted.

Photos from Marta Coronado

Amigas Latinas Party

About admin

Co-Founder

11 Responses to “Christina Santiago Support Forum”

1. My thoughts and heartfelt prayers go out to the Santiago and Brennon families. It is such a tragic loss. I hope fond memories will support you through this most difficult time.

Posted by Joanne C. Solk | August 15, 2011, 3:29 pm
  2. I didn’t know Christina or Alisha but my heart breaks for Alisha and both of their families. I can’t imagine what they’re going through right now. Warm thoughts are being sent your way. My deepest sympathies to all of you.

Posted by emily | August 15, 2011, 3:56 pm
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with all that love Christina. She was one of the most inspirational and caring people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She will be truly missed.

Posted by Kristine Kading | August 15, 2011, 3:58 pm
  4. It’s difficult to put into words the deep saddness and sympathy I feel for Christina’s partner Alisha, and her family. My prayers go out to them. Christina was a beautiful, giving talented individual.

Posted by Sallie C | August 15, 2011, 4:36 pm
  5. When we were growing up she liked all kinds of music. Myself,Gabrielle Rivera, and Nivea Ocasio were her bestfriends through elementary school,but she had bonds with everyone somewhere down the line. She had a light in her eyes,that could brighten the most cloudy sky. Determined, optimistic, loving,compassionate,caring, dedicated activist. An angel on earth. May she eternally rest in peace by the lords side. I love you Christina!

Posted by Michael Rico | August 15, 2011, 4:38 pm
  6. Mis mas sinceras condolensias para su familia y su pareja Dios la tiene en su Gloria que descanse en Paz y me uno a las Orasiones de toda la comunidad.

Posted by Martha Contreras | August 15, 2011, 4:44 pm
  7. my sincerest condolences. i never had the pleasure of meeting her but i followed her on FB and was always inspired by what she had to say. she will be in my prayers.

Posted by Jacky Guerrero | August 15, 2011, 4:46 pm
  8. Es muy triste a ver perdido una activista y gran ser humano en nuestra communidad tan aposionada, caritativa, y dedicada al servicio de nuestra comunidad. Christina lamentablente se a reunido con el resto de los angeles junto a nuestro procreador. Mi sentir y condolencias van hacia su pareja allisha y su familia los acompaƱo en sus sentimientos. RIP”
    Christina Santiago.

Posted by Jacky Gonzalez ( Goofyjgv ) | August 16, 2011, 11:13 am
  9. I have been absolutely sick to my stomach since I heard, both for the incredible loss of Christina and for the grief that Alisha must feel. I have met so few people who can light up a room with her energy, and enthusiasm, and tenacity, as Christina can. I just refuse to talk about her in the past tense because I know that energy lives on because she was able to pass it on to so many. I am so incredibly grateful for being able to have come into her orbit, even though the pain right now is still immense. I look forward to doing my best to try to carry on her legacy, because I know it will happen. Thank you – I have been needing something like this today.

Posted by Jason Cox | August 16, 2011, 2:18 pm
  10. Christina was a friend and colleague. From the moment I met her, I liked her. She was genuine, sweet, good-natured, and a very bright and committed advocate and activist who gave 100% to what she did. I admired her humility in spite of her many accomplishments. I remember her saying to me one day that, in spite of the budget cuts her health care center experienced, that the work needed to get done, no matter what the obstacles were. She was determined to find a way to do the work that needed to be done, to care for others that needed to be cared for.

I will miss our humorous FB exchanges, Christina, and will miss seeing you at meetings, events, and other functions. I will miss your smile and energy and your adorable pics of you and Alisha. It was always clear how much you meant to each other. Do not worry, the community will hold her up and take good care of her in your absence. Rest in peace. I will never, ever forget you and how you touched my life. I love you.

Posted by Kelly Suzanne Saulsberry | August 16, 2011, 7:09 pm
  11. I did not know Christina or Alisha. My Partner and I after 12 years were able to have a Civil Union on July 4th. I can’t imagine lossing her during this happy time in our lives. My sincere condolences go out to Alisha, and I will keep her in my Prayers.

Posted by Susan | August 22, 2011, 8:55 am